Have your say: UKRI’s new EDI strategy
UKRI has set out its ambition for an inclusive research and innovation system in a new EDI strategy, detailing the organisation’s long-term commitment to EDI. There is a window of opportunity for us to contribute to the draft strategy and inform the development of UKRI’s future action plans and measures. To take this opportunity, the EGC is inviting colleagues from across the institution to review the strategy and contribute to our collective response. Thoughts, comments and opinions need to be with us by 14 March 2022
UKRI, January 2022
- Equality diversity and inclusion (EDI) has been an organisational priority since UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) was formed and builds upon the work of the research councils that preceded this.
- This draft strategy builds on knowledge, research, data, and expertise from across the research and innovation sector. It also benefits from long-term and extensive cross-sector engagement with people and organisations.
- Our thinking has been informed by conversations over an extended period as part of broader dialogue with individuals, grassroots movements, advocacy groups, national and international organisations, and UKRI staff and colleagues.
- We have reflected on recommendations and challenges in open letters, surveys, community and stakeholder engagement activities, and deepened our understanding of gaps in our knowledge by examining our data and evidence reviews.
- Fostering inclusion is essential for a high-performing research and innovation (R&I) system. As the UK’s largest public funder of research and innovation we have a responsibility to ensure the health of the system as a whole, now and in the future. We need a diversity of people and ideas to achieve this.
Make sure your voice is heard
The draft strategy can be downloaded from the panel to the right.
If you would like to be a contributor to our response to UKRI, please get your thoughts, comments and opinions to us no later than 14 March 2022.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'UKRI EDI Strategy' in the subject line.
You can, of course, respond to the call on an individual level.